Tuesday, March 5, 2019

How Islam Degrades Women



For today's short article I just want to list a few quotes from Islamic Literature that demonstrates Islam's low view of women. Now I have a main article that critiques several teachings of Islam and compares them with scripture. That article is scheduled for March of 2020, but for now here are a few Islamic verses and my thoughts on the matter.




Sahih Al- Bukhari 1462
[Muhammad said], "O women! Give to charity, for I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-Fire were women." The women asked, "O Allah’s Apostle! What is the reason for it?" He said: "O women! You curse frequently, and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. O women, some of you can lead a cautious man astray."


Sahih Al-Bukhari  # 2658
The Prophet (the blessing and peace of Allah be upon him) said: "Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?" The women said: "Yes." He said: "This is because of the deficiency of her mind."


From  just the two passages mentioned we see that Islam teaches that women are less intelligent and more likely to end up in hell than a man. There are many other passages I could mention that condone wife beating, raping captured slaves, temporary marriages (prostitution), etc. But since I will already reference them in my other article I feel no need to address that now.

To finish this post I just want to say that although the Christian bible does teach that the wife should submit to her husband it doesn't teach that men should beat their wives, instead they are called to love their wives as Christ does the church (Eph 5). This is a self sacrificial love. Although men and women have different roles in society and the home this doesn't mean that one sex has more value or worth than the other.

https://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/women.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment