Sunday, April 30, 2023

A few Problems with the Mirror Bible

 Hello viewers, for this posts I'd thought that I would highlight some errors of the Mirror translation.

First I will give a brief description of the translation then I will list a few verses I found problematic and suggest my readers to check out; then I will explain why I think translation is not something real Christians should approve of.



This translation was made by Author Francois Du Toit.

Publish date: September 10, 2017

From what I can tell the Mirror translation only contains some of the New Testament including the Gospel of John and I think most of the Pauline epistles. I have listed a video by biblethinker Mike Winger if you want you can check it out to see what I'm talking about in detail as well as a brief article by gotquestions but I'm just going to give a brief summary of what's wrong with this "bible". 


  • John 1:12-13
  • John 3:3-7
  • John 3:18
  • Luk 4:18
  • Philippians 2:4-6
  • 1 John 3:7-10

According to these sources Du Toit is a Universalist which means all will be saved hence his translation of John 3:18, this is a false teaching which is refuted in several if not many places in scripture. 

About Half if not most of the verses that I listed basically say that you don't need to be born again to be saved but rather you just need to realize you've been saved all along. Your already God's child. 

From what I can tell from the Luke and Philippians verses that I listed in his bible is kinda calling us God. Which is Heresy!





https://www.gotquestions.org/Mirror-Bible-Word.html

No comments:

Post a Comment