Saturday, July 29, 2023

Differences in the New Revised Standard Version



Can You Find The Verse That This Pic is Referring To?

Hello again viewers, and welcome back. This will be just a short little article showing what your missing out on by not reading the KJV or another translation as you will soon find out the NRSV bible is lacking quite a few words when compared to some other bibles; specifically the KJV.  

Mat 19:9  And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. 
Matthew 19:9 removes the last 11 words

Mat 20:16  So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
Mat 20:16 omits for many be called, but few chosen.

Mat 24:36  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 
Mat 24:36 Adds "...nor the Son..."
Just because this teaching is in other places of scripture doesn't give the right to insert it here.

Mat 27:35  And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots. 
Matt 27:35 omits the last 25 words


Mar 6:11  And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. 
Mark 6:11 removes the last 23 words  

Luk 2:43  And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it. 
Luke 2:43 Joseph and his mother changed to "...parents..."


John 5:3 removes the last 7 words and takes verse 4 completely out

Joh 14:2  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 
Joh 14:2 "...dwelling places..."

Act 1:3  To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: 
Acts 1:3 infallible changed to "...convincing..."

Romans 1:29 removes fornication

1Co 9:27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. 
1 Corinthians 9:27 changes to "...I punish my body..."

1Co 10:28  But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: 
1 Cor 10:28 removes last 10 words

Hebrews 7:21 removes after the order of Melchisedec

1 comment:

  1. If my memory serves me right, this translation removed the reference to the virgin birth found in Isaiah 7:14. This article is a defense of the traditional rendering of that passage:

    https://rationalchristiandiscernment.blogspot.com/2018/12/virgin-birthor-prophetic-slip.html

    ReplyDelete